Your manual will be perky if you can answer YES to the following:
- Does the manual describe the procedures after the version update?
- Do the procedures work?
- Have the screen-captures been updated to show the current running version?
- Have the screen-captures been updated to show available new options, pop-ups and floating windows?
- In cases where windows can be accessed in one or more ways, are they fully described in the Getting Started, Quick-start or the Procedure itself?
- Does every heading 1, 2, & 3 have a lead in sentence introducing the subject?
- Do you have updated fields, styles or buttons which you need to carry over from other files to update the template?
- Have you checked your Grammar & Spelling?
- Also, Technical Manuals should be tested in the same way the product is tested: Documentation bugs should be added into the QA bug report system under Docs.
- The documentation and products teams should review the data, while the QA should test the data.
Contact us for an online consult: